Posted on: Ongoing
Description: The Barnes Foundation is now accepting applications for a range of Volunteers supporting:
- Archives, Libraries, and Special Collections
- Family Programs
- Public Programs
- Group Tours
- Visitor Services
Volunteering at the Barnes provides unique access to the collection, programs, and staff, as well as opportunities to enjoy camaraderie with fellow art, culture, horticulture, and education enthusiasts. The Barnes has different types of volunteer positions with varied levels of training, time commitments, and background requirements.
Established as an educational institution, the Barnes Foundation carries out its mission by promoting appreciation of the arts and horticultural science through the preservation, presentation, and interpretation of the collections of Albert C. and Laura L. Barnes.
Celebrated for its exceptional breadth, depth, and quality, the Barnes Foundation's art collection includes works by some of the greatest European and American masters of impressionism, post-impressionist, and early modern art, as well as African sculpture, Pennsylvania German decorative arts, Native American textiles, metalwork, and more. The 12-acre Arboretum contains over 3,000 species of woody plants and trees.
The Foundation engages diverse audiences through its exceptional collections and related high-quality programs that reflect a broad range of periods and cultures and build on the founders’ innovative educational vision of transforming lives through the arts and horticulture.
Barnes Foundation volunteer qualifications:
- Communicate actively and well
- Be flexible and adapt to changes
- Be able to work in a dynamic environment with visitors of all ages and abilities, museum staff, and volunteers from diverse backgrounds
- Be well-prepared, dependable, and punctual
Barnes Foundation volunteer obligations:
- Complete the training program
- Adhere to all Barnes Foundation volunteer guidelines
- Have a valid e-mail address with reliable access to the internet
- Complete a background check
- Complete the volunteer training program