Barnes Foundation Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
Purchase does not increase chance of winning.
The prizes: Four (4) prizes will be awarded.
First Prize: One (1) prize of a Target gift card in the amount of $100 will be awarded. Total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the first prize is $100.
Second Prize: One (1) prize of a one-year Contributor-level membership at the Barnes Foundation will be awarded. Total ARV of the second prize is $159.
Third Prize: One (1) prize of four (4) general admission tickets to the Barnes Foundation will be awarded. ARV of the third prize is $100.
Fourth Prize: One (1) prize of a Mural Arts Mural Mile/Love Letter gift certificate for $46. ARV of the fourth prize is $46.
Total ARV of all prizes to be awarded is $405
No cash or other prize substitution permitted except in the discretion of the Barnes Foundation (“Sponsor”). Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner of such prize.
Sponsor: The Barnes Foundation, 2025 Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Philadelphia, PA 19130
How to enter:
All entries must be received and recorded between May 28, 2019, and 8 pm on July 14, 2019 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor's time clock is the official clock for this Sweepstakes. Limit one entry per person.
Event Registration: Individuals who register online for the Barnes on the Block event on July 14, 2019, and opt in to receive Barnes Foundation email communications will be automatically entered.
Event Participation: Individuals who attend the Barnes on the Block event on July 14, 2019, will have an on-site opportunity to enter the sweepstakes by opting in to receive Barnes Foundation email communications.
Write-in: Individuals may enter by mailing a postcard or a card that is no smaller than 3½ x 5 inches and no larger than 4¼ x 6 inches, on which they have legibly written their complete name, mailing address, phone number and date of birth, email address, with proper postage to: The Barnes Foundation, 2025 Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Philadelphia, PA 19130, Attn: Marketing. All write-in entries must be received by July 14, 2019. There is a limit of one (1) write-in entry per individual, and per envelope/postcard.
Multiple entries submitted by or on behalf of the same entrant are void. Write-in entries must contain all entry fields outlined above; otherwise, they are void and will not be eligible to win. No other form of entry is valid. All entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
Terms and Conditions
- By submitting an entry, you fully and unconditionally agree to and accept these Official Rules.
- Sweepstakes entry is limited to residents of the United States and District of Columbia, and is void where prohibited. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Subject to any governmental approval that may be required, Sponsor reserves the right to, without prior notice and at any time, terminate the Sweepstakes, in whole or in part, or modify Sweepstakes in any way, should any factor interfere with its proper conduct as contemplated by these Official Rules. Sweepstakes will begin on May 28, 2019, and end on July 14, 2019. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to cancel the sweepstakes in its entirety if it becomes technically corrupted or because of non-authorized human intervention.
- Eligibility. Entrants must be at least 18 years old to enter. Employees, officers, or directors of Sponsor, its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and their children, parents, spouse, and members of their household are ineligible to participate. No purchase necessary. Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States. A purchase does not enhance your chance of winning.
- Effective date of entries. Entries made online will be effective on the day received. All entries become the exclusive property of the Barnes Foundation and will not be acknowledged or returned. Those who mail in their entries must ensure such entries will be received by the Sponsor by July 14, 2019. Entrants are responsible for their costs of entering, including online access charges, and postage.
- Selection of winners. Winners will be determined by random drawing from all eligible entries received. All participants are treated equally. Drawings will be held at 3 pm on July 17, 2019. Winners must agree to the use of their names, voices, and/or likeness for the purpose of advertising, trade, or promotion without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor is not responsible for any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries in the Sweepstakes.
- Notification of winners. Sweepstakes winners will be notified by email at the address provided to the Sponsor with entry within two days of the drawing. An email will be sent to each winner who was not present to receive the prize, within one week after the drawing. All decisions are final and binding. Should the email be returned to the Sponsor as invalid, two more attempts will be made via email. Winners must contact the Sponsor within two calendar days from the date the notification is sent by Sponsor to claim their prize. Failure to contact Sponsor within that two-day period will result in immediate disqualification of the selected entrant and a new winner will be selected. No exceptions will be made to this rule. Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify winners. For the name of the winner, please send a letter of request with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to the Barnes Foundation, 2025 Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Philadelphia, PA 19130, Attn: Marketing.
- Collection of Prize. Prizes may be collected at the Barnes Foundation or will be shipped by regular U.S. mail or common carrier to a U.S. address at the Sponsor’s expense, as applicable, but the Sponsor will not be responsible for any late, lost, or misdirected effort to deliver a prize. By accepting a prize, each winner agrees to hold harmless the Sponsor, its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors from any and all claims, liabilities, and expenses (including legal fees) arising from any injuries, damages or losses that may be sustained in connection with the acceptance, use or misuse of any prize.
- Odds of winning. The odds of winning any drawing will be determined by the number of eligible entries received.
- In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email account.
- Other conditions. Sponsor, its agents and representatives, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies and legal advisors are not responsible for and will not be liable for (I) late, lost, incomplete, unintelligible entries; (II) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties of any kind; (III) failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; (IV) any condition caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor that may cause Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; (V) any injuries losses or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the Sweepstakes, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (VI) any printing or typographical error in any material associated with the Sweepstakes.
- Indemnification. As a condition for entry, entrants agree to release and hold Sponsor, its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy.
- Privacy. If an entrant is not opting in to the Barnes Foundation's mailing list, the information provided will only be used for entry into this Sweepstakes promotion. The information collected from entrants is subject to the Barnes Foundation Privacy.
- Choice of law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of Pennsylvania without regard to principles of conflicts of laws; and any case, controversy, suit, action, or proceeding arising out of, in connection with, or related to this agreement shall be brought in any federal or state court located in Philadelphia County, in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and the parties hereby consent to the jurisdiction of these courts.