Image Reproduction Policy
- The intended use of the image must serve to highlight the work itself, in keeping with the mission and values of the Foundation.
- The work must be represented in its entirety. No cropping, bleeding (running off the edge of the paper), or details without specific prior approval of the Foundation.
- Color, clarity, and aspect ratio of the work must be accurately reproduced in full-tone black and white or full color on white or off-white paper stock.
- Text or other imagery must not obscure any part of the work (no overprinting).
- Licensed product designs must be approved by the Foundation prior to production or marketing.
- Full documentation and ownership credit as supplied by the Foundation must appear on the same page, on the page adjacent to the reproduction, or in the section reserved for credits or as otherwise agreed upon with the Foundation.
- If requested, applicant must provide color proofs before printing may proceed. Failure to comply with color corrections indicated by the Foundation may result in withdrawal of permission.
- A sample layout for book covers must be submitted and requires prior approval of the Foundation before printing.
- Depending on the request type, copies of the final publication may be requested by the Foundation.
- Many of the works in the Foundation’s collection have associated third-party rights. It is the responsibility of the applicant to seek additional permissions from third-party rights holders and pay any applicable fees.
- Permission to reproduce and fees payable cover only the specific occasion and use described in the application. Additional or subsequent use (including each change of ISBN number) requires reapplication in writing for permission.