Group Sales at the Barnes
The Barnes Foundation offers special packages for group visits, tours, and dining for groups of ten or more. Enjoy a visit to the Barnes with your family, colleagues, or students.
Groups of ten or more receive discounted admission and tours of the Barnes Foundation. Explore our group visit options below. All group visits include:
- Choice of docent-led tour, self-guided standard visit, and self-guided plus visit
- Option of private group tours outside public hours
- Expedited check-in and priority access to the collection
- Flexible, discounted dining options
- Private indoor dining in the Maguire Garden Pavilion
- Discounts at the Barnes Shop
- Complimentary policy ratio
- Access to special exhibitions
A docent-led tour is the ultimate way to experience the Barnes and understand the principles that founder Albert Barnes called the “universal language of art.” Enjoy a 60-minute tour with our specially trained docents (one docent provided per six people; subject to change with capacity restrictions). Includes self-guided access for the remainder of your visit.
Self-Guided Visits (Standard & Plus)
Tour for as long as you like, at your own pace, with a self-guided standard visit. Or dive deeper into the artists and stories behind the works in the collection with a self-guided plus visit, which begins with a 30-minute presentation by one of our docents. Self-guided groups are encouraged to use Barnes Focus—our free mobile guide to the galleries. This is a great way to explore the collection and learn something new.
College & Student Group Visits
Book a 60-minute docent-led tour with self-guided access afterward. $150 for up 15 students; $10 for each additional student.
K–12 Student Tour Operators
- Docent-Led Tour: $10 per person weekdays; $15 per person weekends. Includes a 1-hour tour with one of our specially trained docents followed by self-guided collection access.
- Self-Guided Plus: $7 per person weekdays; $10 per person weekends. Begins with a 30-minute overview of the collection and the history of the Barnes, followed by self-guided collection access.
To book a tour, email us or call 215.278.7220. Groups options are available Thursday through Monday, 10am – 5pm.
Group Dining at the Barnes
The Maguire Garden Pavilion is the ideal venue for groups of all sizes. This beautiful setting boasts floor-to-ceiling windows that overlook a serene garden courtyard. Groups will enjoy a sustainable and ethically sourced meal provided exclusively by Constellation Culinary Group. Explore the menus, and ask your Barnes group visit manager about adding group dining to your experience.
Hot off the Presses
A keepsake and collection guide, The Barnes Foundation Handbook offers a detailed look at highlights of the Barnes collection, including important paintings by Van Gogh, Cézanne, Renoir, and Matisse, as well as metalwork, ceramics, textiles, furniture, and sculptures from Africa, Asia, and North America. Order now and we’ll distribute the books upon your group’s arrival.
Enhance your experience by visiting new exhibitions every year that spotlight post-impressionist, modern, and contemporary art.
- September 26, 2021–January 9, 2022: Suzanne Valadon: Model, Painter, Rebel
- February 20–May 15, 2022: Water, Wind, Breath: Southwest Native Art in Community
Meet the Team
Senior Manager of Business Development
A 17-year resident of Philadelphia, Rebekah joined the Barnes Foundation in 2015 to lead tourism and group sales initiatives in addition to providing business metrics and servicing special events. She enjoys working with clients to develop meaningful experiences and long-term partnerships.
Sales Manager, Groups and Events
Born and raised just outside of Philadelphia, Colleen is a proud member of the Barnes team. She offers a warm welcome and a wide range of knowledge for all clients. She enjoys collaborating with tour operators and groups leaders to create unforgettable experiences