There are many ways to support the Barnes Foundation, with special benefits and privileges available in recognition of your generosity.
Get more from your Barnes experience by becoming a member.
Members enjoy significant privileges all year long, including unlimited free admission, access to exhibition previews and private tours, and discounts on classes and public programs.
Most importantly, your membership provides vital support to the Barnes, making possible our innovative exhibitions and programming, critical conservation efforts, robust education initiatives, and wide-reaching community engagement activities.
Patron members enjoy the following benefits for one individual:
- Unlimited free admission to the collection and exhibitions, with reservations
- Two guest passes
- Priority access to collection and special exhibition tickets
- Member-only programs, including monthly Meet Your Masterpiece tours
- Member-only previews of all special exhibitions
- 50% discount on guided tours of the collection
- Significant discounts on public programs, including our new film, lecture, and music series
- Complimentary admission to First Friday! events
- 10% discount at the Barnes Shop, Garden Restaurant, and coffee bar
- 10% discount on all classes and workshops
- 20% discount on parking
- Monthly member-only e-newsletter
All but $50 of Patron membership dues are tax-deductible.
Supporter members enjoy all the benefits of the Contributor level, plus:
- Guaranteed admission upon arrival, without reservations
- Two additional guest passes (four total)
- Invitation to annual private exhibition preview party
All but $174 of Supporter membership dues are tax-deductible.
National members enjoy all the benefits of the Patron level, without guest passes. Recommended for those who live more than 200 miles from the Barnes Foundation.
Fully tax-deductible. Call 215.578.7100 for details.
Barnes Contemporaries $500/year
A vital part of the Barnes Foundation’s future, the Contemporaries are an active and committed group of young patrons and art enthusiasts, ages 21–39, who enjoy distinct programs and social events. The Contemporaries’ generous annual membership contributions provide critical, unrestricted support for our mission and programs.
For an annual gift of $500 (all but $238 is tax-deductible), Barnes Contemporaries members enjoy the following privileges for two adults:
- Free admission on arrival, without reservations
- Free admission for friends and family
- Free tickets to Young Professionals Nights and exclusive VIP receptions
- Invitations to select Circles lectures and receptions featuring influential scholars, artists, and curators
- A dedicated phone line to arrange tours and other VIP services
Circles Contemporaries $1,000/year
Circle Member $1,250–$2,499
The Circles is a dynamic group of individuals whose generous annual gifts provide critical, unrestricted support for the Barnes Foundation’s mission and programs. As a sign of our appreciation, Circle members are invited to major events and receive special recognition, access, and benefits.
For an annual gift of $1,250–$2,499 (all but $442 is tax-deductible), Circle Members enjoy the following privileges:
- Unlimited admission for two individuals and any children in the household
- Free admission for guests
- Exclusive programs and lectures to expand your understanding of the collection
- An invitation to the annual Circles Soirée and exhibition opening events
- 20% discount in the Barnes Shop
- Inclusion in donor recognition materials, including the Circles member list and Annual Report
- A dedicated Circles phone line for personal arrangement of visits, tours, and tickets to public programs
- Exclusive day trips and regional travel opportunities, as available
Circle Supporter $2,500–$4,999
For an annual gift of $2,500–$4,999 (all but $867 is tax deductible), Circle Supporters enjoy all the privileges of the Circle Member level, plus:
- The opportunity to host a small private event or meeting at the Barnes
- Public recognition onsite
- A customized private tour for you and your guests
- Complimentary parking
- Free admission and exclusive opportunities to visit select US art fairs with Barnes staff, as available
- One complimentary gift membership ($275 Supporter membership)
Circle Patron $5,000–$9,999
For an annual gift of $5,000–$9,999 (all but $967 is tax deductible), Circle Patrons enjoy all the privileges of the Circle Supporter level, plus:
- The opportunity to host a large event or wedding at the Barnes
- Behind-the-scenes events with curatorial and conservation staff
- One complimentary exhibition catalogue
Director’s Circle $10,000–$14,999
Beginning with the Director’s Circle, members of the highest levels of the Circles are recognized for making the Barnes Foundation a philanthropic priority. In acknowledgement of their investment in the mission and future of the institution, members enjoy unparalleled experiences, such as private events, luxury travel, and access to Barnes leadership.
For an annual gift of $10,000–$14,999 (all but $1,167 is tax deductible), Director’s Circle members enjoy all the privileges of the Circle Patron level, plus:
- An invitation to the annual Director’s Circle Dinner with scholars, trustees, and Barnes leadership
- Exclusive domestic and international travel opportunities
- An additional complimentary exhibition catalogue (two total)
Leadership Circle $15,000–$24,999
For an annual gift of $15,000–$24,999 (all but $1,222 is tax deductible), Leadership Circle members enjoy all the privileges of the Director’s Circle level, plus:
- A behind-the-scenes visit to the Barnes conservation studio
- The opportunity to host a curatorial presentation in your home
- One additional complimentary exhibition catalogue (three total)
Chairman’s Circle $25,000–$49,999
For an annual gift of $25,000–$49,999 (all but $1,222 is tax deductible), Chairman’s Circle members enjoy the privileges of the Leadership Circle level, plus:
- The ability to host an additional private event at the Barnes (two total)
- The opportunity to host an event with the executive director in your home
- Opportunities to engage with Barnes executive, curatorial, and conservation staff