Open Call for Landscape & Selfie Features on Instagram
The way we see it, art is everywhere.
The Barnes, in partnership with Visit Philadelphia, invites Instagrammers worldwide to share their best photos of Philadelphia landmarks or a selfie revealing how art inspires the way you see the City of Brotherly Love and yourself.
Share a photo on Instagram of a Philadelphia landmark or a selfie that you think could be best incorporated with any of the five works, just like the examples from the Barnes campaign below.
How to Submit
1. Look at the five artworks from the Barnes collection displayed below:
2. Share a photo on Instagram of a Philadelphia landmark or a selfie that you think could be best incorporated with any of the five works, just like the animated example above. (Tip: No need to combine your photo with the artwork; we'll handle that part)
3. Use #SeeingtheBarnes and #VisitPhilly in your caption, along with naming the Barnes artwork that you’ve selected to go with your photo. Tag as many images as you want (they just have to be your own) by September 12.
4. Follow and tag @barnesfoundation and @visitphilly on Instagram.
By submitting, you are agreeing to the important guidelines for eligibility below.
Important Guidelines for Eligibility
- Open worldwide to Instagram users.
- Photos must be original work by the submitting photographer.
- Only Philadelphia landmarks with no identifiable people and selfies will be eligible (two final selections will be based on the best creative compatibility with the five artworks displayed above).
- Enter as many photos as you wish.
- Filters and editing tools may be used.
- By submitting photos, photographers grant the Barnes Foundation the right to use and modify their photo (with proper photo credit, of course) for print, video, and online purposes.
- Please do not submit images of areas where photography is forbidden.
- Submissions containing inappropriate content will not be considered.
How You'll be Selected for Features
Two photos will be selected by members from the Barnes design and curatorial departments based on best creative compatibility with the Instagrammer’s chosen artwork from the five shown above:
1. Photo of a Philadelphia landmark
The Barnes design team will incorporate the artwork into the photo as shown in the “You’ll never stop seeing the Barnes” series.