Education is at the heart of everything we do at the Barnes Foundation.
Board of Trustees
- Joseph Neubauer, Chair
- Aileen Kennedy Roberts, Vice Chair
- Stephen J. Harmelin, Esq., Treasurer
- The Honorable Jacqueline F. Allen, Secretary
- John J. Aglialoro
- John R. Alchin
- Sheldon M. Bonovitz, Esq.
- Pamela D. Bundy
- Tory Burch
- Daniel M. DiLella
- Catherine Liggins Hughes
- Khalil Gibran Muhammad, PhD
- Neil L. Rudenstine, PhD
- Brenda A. Thompson, PhD
- Bernard C. Watson, PhD
- Stephanie Bell-Rose
- Agnes Gund
- Wallis Annenberg
- Betsy Z. Cohen
- David Haas
- Jane Korman
- H. F. (Gerry) Lenfest
- William A. Slaughter, Esq.
- Joan Thalheimer
- Bruce E. Toll
- A. Morris Williams, Jr.
An innovative educator and accomplished art historian, administrator, and author, Mr. Collins, a Philadelphia native, has more than 20 years of experience at some of America’s top arts institutions, including the Pérez Art Museum Miami (PAMM); the Neuberger Museum of Art in Purchase, New York; the Contemporary Museum in Baltimore; the Contemporary Arts Center in Cincinnati; the Henry Art Gallery in Seattle; and the Museum of Modern Art in New York.
Collins earned his MA in art history from Northwestern University and his BA with honors in art history and the history of religion from Swarthmore College. He serves on the Board of Trustees at Swarthmore College and is a member of the Association of Art Museum Directors, the Association of Art Museum Curators, and the College Art Association.
- Margaret Zminda, Executive Vice President, CFO, and COO
- Nina Diefenbach, Senior Vice President, Deputy Director for Advancement
- Shelley Bernstein, Deputy Director for Audience Engagement and Chief Experience Officer
- Sara Geelan, Esq., General Counsel and Assistant Secretary
- Martha Lucy, PhD, Deputy Director for Research, Interpretation and Education
- Jacob Thomas, PhD, Deputy Director for Living Collections & Horticulture Programs