About the Program
This special track offers an immersion in the Barnes method and an introduction to other interpretive approaches.
The Barnes-de Mazia Certificate Program is appropriate for anyone interested in a structured learning experience in the arts or a credential representing the completion of a rigorous course of study from a respected educational institution. The program is also ideal for anyone interested in pursuing a certificate for professional or personal growth. A college degree is not required, and a majority of our students with degrees have completed them in fields unrelated to the arts.
Students may finish the certificate program at their own pace: there is no deadline for completing it, and courses can be taken in any order. Students who take one course each semester can earn the certificate in two years, although some take several classes at once, completing the certificate sooner.
- The Elements of Art(14 weeks) - The Barnes Method (offered in fall 2018)
- The Traditions of Art (14 weeks) - The Barnes Method (offered in fall 2018)
- Collections Concentration (14 weeks) - The Barnes Method (offered in spring 2019)
- One 4-week class - Understanding Materials and Techniques
- One 4-week class - Art in Context
Are you interested in the certificate program? Please let us know.
Barnes-de Mazia Certificate Program Scholarships
The Barnes has received important support to establish the Violette de Mazia Scholarship Program and the Richard J. Wattenmaker Scholarship Fund. We are most grateful to the donors who have made this possible.